Sean Parker, Lyor Cohen, Benny Blanco, Bob Pittman:
The biggest gathering of change-makers since Woodstock
Experience the dawn of the new music business
Free Preview of The New Music Seminar on an exclusive webcast
New Music Seminar (NMS) Upfronts
**Thursday JUNE 7th from 6pm-7pm EST (3pm Pacific)**
• Join us for the first-ever New Music Seminar Upfront pre-show On-line event the precurser to this years' New Music Seminar on June 17th -19th featuring: 170 speakers - 150 artists for 3 days of unlimited opportunity
• Experience the best of the New Music Seminar, face to face with key moderators covering the hottest topics, all from your laptop
Be the first to experience a brand new technology Shindig (www.shindigevents.com) where all participants can see each other in a shared space, move freely in and out of conversation with whomever they choose, and address questions to the speaker or entire group.
Meet the key players speaking at this year's New Music Seminar! Hosted by Tom Silverman - creator of Tommy Boy Entertainment and the New Music Seminar - you’ll get a sneak peek at some of the hottest topics at this years NMS. You’ll be able to preview music by artists performing during the NMS New York Music Festival, as well as network with one another and chat about key topics within the industry.
The New Music Seminar is the meeting place for those who are creating the new music industry - more than 170 of the visionaries, upstarts, and architects building a more profitable music business RIGHT NOW. Meet face to face with the smartest heads in the room, and hear what they are bringing to the NMS and why you need to be there.
You'll also get to meet some of the artists selected for Artist On The Verge (AOV) - The New Music Seminar (NMS) created the ‘Artist On The Verge’ (AOV) - Top 100 Chart to be the most comprehensive chart to date for emerging musical talent from all genres. Put yourself ahead of the pack and get to meet our AOV artists first.
Who Will You Meet?
• Ron Fair, Ron Fair Music/Frontline Management, speaks on the future of A&R
• Jay Frank, Founder/CEO of DigSin, identifies breakthrough trends in the new music business
• Tom Jackson, owner of Tom Jackson Productions, ups your live game - Tom can double the impact of an artist’s live show in one hour
• Mark Kates, CEO of Fenway Recordings, tells us how booking agents are discovering and nurturing new talent
• Artist On The Verge finalist Maren Morris, tells us her story (so far!)
• Tom Silverman, CEO of New Music Seminar and Tommy Boy Entertainment, speaks about the NMS mission, and moderates this event
• Ralph Simon, CEO of Mobilium Global, speaks about the music subscription business model - are Spotify, Mog, Cricket, Rdio, Rhapsody, Deezer, Simfy etc. the future of music?
• YouTube sensation Tyler Ward shows how he’s used YouTube to grow his audience, reach new listeners and tour the world
• Jeremy Welt, Head of Marketing for Makers Studio, shows us video innovators, the leaders in the YouTube music explosion
Guests (YOU!) will also have a chance to win NMS‘12 registrations. A random drawing will be held at the end of the program for a pair of registrations, gaining you entry into both the New Music Seminar and The NMS New York Music Festival.
Please Note: Shindig is a video chat platform where you can see everyone in the audience.
Although we recommend using a webcam and microphone you can still access the chat without them. Please use a PC or Mac to join the event. iPad support is coming soon. For more information please visit www.shindig.com